Livewell: Health Insurance & Wellness Blogs | Max Bupa
Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
Children, especially children who struggle with a disorder or a disability need love and support. Providing them with the emotional support can ensure they will go through life with the confidence they need to tackle any problem. Academia is important, but it should not be the only goal that parents have for their child.
A kind of developing disorder that may appear appears in initial 3 years of a child’s life is Autism. Autism affects the social and communication of a child. It is also related to the physical, abnormal, biology ical and chemical activity in the brain. Those who have autism may lack in nonverbal communicating, normal social interacting, and other activities that also include elements of play.
No two individuals who are considered autistic will have it should be noted that no two people with autism will have precisely the similar symptoms; some will have mild symptoms while others may have severe ones.
In situations where the symptoms of autism are less, or when this condition is overtaken by more prominent handicaps, the condition may be overlooked. Some things to watch for in a developing child are listed below. They may need further assessment by an expert.
Inability to produce below actions:
· 1 year- Most children will babble and begin to point
· 16 months- Speak single words
· 2 years old- Speak two word phrases
· React to the sound of their name
· comprehend social skills
· Engage in eye contact
· Respond to social situations with a smile.
Later indicators may include:
· can’t seem to engage with peers and create friendship
· Incapacity to communicate with people efficiently
· lacking in Imagination and play acting
· Repetitive and unusual manner of speaking
· Focused attention in only a limited range of areas
· Obsessive fixation on particular objects
· Participating in routines and rituals with extreme rigidness.
There is no cure for Autism. Therapy and rehabilitation can help with behavioral remedies. In time they can help symptoms and cause incredible progress. It is better to start treatments at the earliest Autism is detected. It is always better when the treatment is individualized to target the child’s specific needs.
If you have recently become aware that your child is Autistic, it is understandable if you feel a little scared. You may feel like there is no hope for this condition. While Autism may not be curable with proper treatment and with ample love and support from home, your child can learn and grow into a healthy adult.