Livewell: Health Insurance & Wellness Blogs | Max Bupa
SPINACH QUICHE RECIPE TO RELIEVE YOUR STRESS!
Study shows whenever a person is stressed out, the first thing he/ she grabs is food, and often the wrong ones. Stressed people tend to eat too much and for such people we have this tasty recipe, which is not only healthy but also produces mood regulating neurotransmitters in your body.
Here’s how you can make your own Sun-dried Tomato, Mushroom, and Spinach Quiche, which is Vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free and works perfectly on your stress!
To make Spinach Quiche, you would require the following:
For the crust:
- Ground flax seeds mixed with water.
- 1 cup almond flour.
- buckwheat groats flour or gluten free oats
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley and parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
For the quiche:
- 1 block firm tofu
- Olive oil
- 1 onion sliced
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chives
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 2 tbsp yeast
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4-1 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- Black and Red pepper for seasoning
In order to make the perfect quiche you need to work on the crust and the filling separately.
To make the crust:
- Whisk together flax and water mixture in a small bowl and set aside. In a large bowl, stir together the almond and oatmeal flour with parsley, oregano, and salt.
- Add the flax paste with oil to our mixture. Stir until mostly combined, adding the remaining water making a sticky dough. To check the consistency of the dough, press it between fingers, it is perfect if it sticks between your fingers.
- Crumble the dough evenly over the base of dish. Starting from the centre, press the mixture evenly into the pan, spreading it outwards and upwards on the edges of pan.
- Poke a few holes in the dough for the air to escape.
- Bake the crust for 13-16 minutes, or until lightly golden and firm to touch. Set aside to cool while you finish preparing the filling.
To make filling:
- Process the block of tofu until smooth and creamy. If it doesn't get creamy, add a tiny splash of almond milk to help it along.
- In a bowl, add oil and stir onion and garlic over medium heat for a few minutes. Add mushrooms, and season with salt. Continue cooking on medium-high heat until most of the water cooks off the mushrooms. Stir in the herbs, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, nutritional yeast, oregano, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes until combined. Stir until spinach is cooked.
- Add the processed tofu and spoon the mixture into baked crust and smooth out with a spoon until even. Bake quiche at 375F for 40 minutes, until the quiche is firm to the touch.
And your yummy Quiche is ready! Try this healthy and tasty stress buster recipe today!