Livewell: Health Insurance & Wellness Blogs | Max Bupa
STRAWBERRY TOFU ICE CREAM FOR KIDS
To make strawberry tofu ice cream, all you need is:
- 1 block of Soft tofu drained.
- Frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup soy milk (regular or strawberry flavoured)
- Fresh lemon juice
- Vanilla extract
- In a blender, puree tofu, strawberries, milk, lemon juice and vanilla extract in 2 equal batches until very smooth.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze
- Blend the mixture using a blender at regular intervals (3-4 hours) to get a creamy texture in your ice cream
- Leave it over night and your ice-cream is ready! Serve it right away or freeze it for upto 3 days.
Not only is this tofu recipe easy to make, it is also packed with all essential nutrients and is totally fat free!
- Calories: 127
- Carbohydrate Content: 25 g
- Fat Content: 2 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 25 mg