Livewell: Health Insurance & Wellness Blogs | Max Bupa
THE IMPORTANCE OF BLOOD DONATION
10 November 2019
You just don’t need special reasons for donating blood, you just need your own reasons which can be one among from these one:-
- Some of us give blood because we were asked by a friend.
- Some know that a family member or a friend might need blood some day.
- Some believe it is the right thing we do.
Whatever is your reason there is a need for constant contribution for a healthy and reliable blood supply. When a person willingly draws his blood and it is used for transfusion it is known as blood donation. Blood bank often participates in the collection process.You will receive a mini physical to check you’re:
- Blood pressure
- Body temperature
Donations - the only way of obtaining blood. In the presence of medical and technological advances it is wrongly thought that blood can currently be made but the reality is contrary and the only source is blood donation preserved in blood banks. In developed countries donors are volunteers who donate for their community and whereas in developing countries people donate only when their family and friends need it. Some of donors have fear of needle that’s why they faint otherwise donating is very safe. The prospective donors are being checked that there blood is safe for use.Specialist medical staffs are available at all times during the donation drive in the safe and painless procedure. There is no risk for donors irrespective of the age factor.
Blood donation process
· It starts with registration followed by medical history, donation and then refreshment.
· Sterile needle is used for each and every donor.
· It takes less than 10-12 minutes
· Less than one pint of blood is taken from the body.
Why Donate Blood?
- We need not think about special reasons to give blood rather as humanity demands we must involve in this humble job. Few of us give blood because we were asked by an organisation or an NGO. Some know that a family member or a friend may be in need of blood someday. Others give it a tag of charity and still other treat it as a religious duty. Irrespective of the reason it is an important job for the society.