Livewell: Health Insurance & Wellness Blogs | Max Bupa
VEGGIE WHOLE WHEAT PASTA- A YUMMY SURPRISE FOR YOUR HEART!
15 April 2019
To make this whole wheat pasta, all you need is:
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 300 grams broccoli stems and florets separately
- Bunch of radishes trimmed and sliced
- 340 grams whole-wheat pasta
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Crumbled Feta cheese
- To start, boil your pasta in salt water until completely cooked.
- In another vessel, add salt in boiling water and ice water separately, add the broccoli in the boiling water and cook until crisp, similarly add radish slices, cook for 30 more seconds and immediately shift the vegetables to ice water. Drain the water and keep the cooked vegetables aside.
- Whisk the vinegar, orange zest, and olive oil in a huge bowl to make dressing for your pasta. Season your dressing with salt and pepper as required.
- Toss the pasta, vegetables and the dressing, add grated feta cheese for added flavour.
And that’s it, your healthy whole wheat pasta is ready. Now, when ever you crave a pasta, don’t worry about your heart health. We have got you covered!