Fat free recipes to make a healthy and filling meal
There is often a tussle between delicious and nutritious when it comes to
foods. One has to give up one’s favourite meals in order to stay fit. It is one
of the most popular assumptions that whatever is tasty is not healthy; however,
this is not true. Here is a list of 4 mouth-watering recipes that make up a
perfectly healthy meal and are packed with deliciously healthy ingredients and
are low in calorie.
In a cosy winter afternoon, there is nothing better than a crispy bread dipped
in a creamy pumpkin soup. With only 114 calories and 6.3 g fats this pumpkin
soup is low fat, super healthy and filling.
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a pan, add stock, salt, pumpkin, onion, thyme, garlic, and
- Bring it to a boil simmer for 30 minutes uncovered until the soup is
reduced to a puree.
- Blend 1/4th of the soup in a food processor or blender.
- Add the mixture to the pan again and bring it to boil. Reduce heat to
low, and simmer for another 30 minutes, uncovered.
- Add heavy cream if you want. Pour into soup bowls and garnish with fresh
This simple low carb recipe is a quick guide to how one can turn cauliflower
florets into a healthy, low-carb meal or side dish. This version of rice has
only 1/4th the carbohydrates of regular rice.
- A Cauliflower separated into small florets
- olive oil
- 1 medium diced onion
- Fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons Lime juice
- Separate the stem and the florets. Divide the cauliflowers into 3
batches and blend them in a blender, making a mixture similar to the texture
- In a pan, heat oil over a medium-high heat. Add onions, and sauté. Add
cauliflower to the golden-brown onions and simmer to cook, you can also add
vegetables like beans and carrots as required.
- Season with and continue to cook until the cauliflower has softened.
Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and serve in a large bowl.
Roasted chicken with Root veggies
Chicken is an excellent source of protein; every 100 grams of chicken
contains 31 grams of protein. One 4-pound whole chicken. Try this flavoursome
roasted chicken recipe to get your protein for the day.
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- chopped fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red pepper
- 2 cloves garlic cut into halves
- 1/2 lemon
- Salt and Pepper for seasoning
- 4 peeled slender carrots
- 1 turnip cut into wedges.
- Prepare the oven by preheating it at 375-degree F.
- In a small bowl add the olive oil and herbs, along with 1 table spoon
salt and 2 table spoon pepper. Rub the mixture all over your chicken and
fill in the cavity with remaining herbs.
- Toss the carrots, turnips and garlic in remaining olive oil with red
pepper, thyme and rosemary.
- Place the chicken and the vegetables on a rimmed baking tray and bake
until the vegetables are tender, and the chicken is cooked through, with an
instant-read thermometer inserted at the thickest point of the thigh reading
160 degrees F, about 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Let rest 10 minutes before plating, serve with vegetables.
Low fat doesn't mean lifeless. Desserts can also be fat free and delicious at
the same time. Try this light and fat free bread pudding to give your taste buds
a savoury treat!
- 4 cups bread cubes
- 2 cups warm milk
- Brown sugar
- Sliced Apples
- Vanilla essence
- 3 egg whites
- Prepare your oven by preheating it at 350 degrees F.
- Add milk, sugar, bread, raisins and apples in a large bowl and pour the
mixture into a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Separate egg whites from eggs and beat them until foamy and add vanilla
extract and a pinch of cinnamon powder.
- Next Pour egg mixture over bread in baking pan.
- Bake for 45 mins and serve hot.