Acquiring critical illness such as cancer, stroke, kidney failure or lung disease
is a life changing event which can disrupt dreams and goals for family and wipe
out savings. Prepare for any critical illnesses with Max Bupa, and get the help
you need to get back on your feet when your body lets you down
DIRECT CLAIM SETTLEMENT
Settle your claims directly with the team at Max Bupa, without involving any third-parties..
2 OR 3 YEAR POLICY TENURE OPTIONS
Opt for a 2 or 3 year tenure on your insurance plan and get discounts on your premium.
ASSURED POLICY RENEWAL
Guarantee your policy renewals for life. Your premium is only calculated basis your
age and city of residence, and NOT your claim history.
A Max Bupa health insurance policy can help you save tax under Section 80D of the
Income Tax Act. These benefits are subject to change in tax laws. You may consult
your tax advisor for more in-depth advice pertaining to your personal finances.
FREE LOOK PERIOD
Your complete satisfaction is important to us. If you’re unsatisfied with your policy,
you have a 15 day free look period during which you can cancel your policy simply
by stating your reason. The free look period will be 30 days if the Policy is purchased
through distance marketing mode and Policy Tenure is 3 years.
20 CRITICAL ILLNESSES COVERED
- Cancer of Specified Severity
- Open Chest CABG
- First Heart Attack of Specified Severity
- Open Heart Replacement or Repair of Heart Valves
- Stroke Resulting in Permanent Symptoms
- Permanent Paralysis of Limbs
- Coma of Specified Severity
- Kidney Failure Requiring Regular Dialysis
- Major Organ/Bone Marrow Transplant
- Motor Neurone Disease with Permanent Symptoms
- Multiple Sclerosis with Persisting Symptoms
- End Stage Liver Disease
- End-stage Lung Disease
- Major Burns
- Loss of Speech
- Aplastic Anaemia
- Bacterial Meningitis
- Fulminant Viral Hepatitis
- Muscular Dystrophy
For more details
You can choose any of the following benefit options. Option once chosen cannot be
changed later during the lifetime of the policy.
- Benefit Option 1: Sum insured payable as lump sum
- Benefit Option 2: Sum insured payable as lump sum plus additional 10% of the sum
insured payable each year for subsequent 5 years.
- We will not cover any critical illness occurring during the first 90 days of the
policy. This waiting period does not apply to renewal policies.
- We do not provide cover for Pre-existing Diseases until 48 months of continuous
coverage from first policy start date.
- The insured person needs to survive for at least 30 days from the date of diagnosis
of critical illness for the claim to be admissible.
- Insurance cover ceases for the insured person if claim has been paid under the policy
and the policy cannot be renewed.
Learn more about this policy here.
Download the prospectus here.
- Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS), AIDS-related complex or infection by
Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
- The Insured Persons attempted suicide or self-inflicted injuries while sane or insane
- Narcotics used by the Insured Person unless taken as prescribed by a Medical Practitioner,
or the Insured Person’s abuse of drugs and/or consumption of alcohol
- Failure to seek or follow Medical Advice
- War (whether war be declared or not), invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities,
armed or unarmed truce, civil war, mutiny, rebellion, revolution, insurrection,
military or usurped power, riot or civil commotion, strikes
- Taking part in any naval, military or air force operation during peace time
- Participation in aviation/marine activities including crew other than as a fare-paying
passenger in an aircraft/water craft that is authorized by the relevant regulations
to carry such passengers between established airports or ports
- Including but not limited to engaging in or taking part in professional/adventure
sports or any hazardous pursuits, such as speed contest or racing of any kind (other
than on foot), bungee jumping, parasailing, ballooning, parachuting, skydiving,
paragliding, hang gliding, mountain or rock climbing necessitating the use of guides
or ropes, potholing, abseiling, deep sea diving using hard helmet and breathing
apparatus, polo, snow and ice sports, hunting etc.
- Participation by the Insured Person in a criminal or a breach of law with criminal
- Nuclear contamination; the radioactive, explosive or hazardous nature of nuclear
fuel materials or property contaminated by nuclear fuel materials or accident arising
from such nature
We provide the best services to ensure that the claim process is as easy and straightforward
as possible. In order to process the claim, the following documents are needed:
- Duly filled and signed claim form and KYC documents
- Final Hospital Discharge Summary in original / self attested copies if the originals
are submitted with another insurer, if applicable.
- Final Hospital Bill in original / self attested copies if the originals are submitted
with another insurer, if applicable.
- Consultation notes and / or investigation reports from outside the hospital prior
- First consultation note and all medical record since onset of complaint
- Copy of First Information Report (FIR) / Panchnama duly attested by the concerned
police station (if Critical Illness being claimed for is admissible in event of
- Copy of Medico Legal Certificate duly attested by the concerned hospital. (if Critical
Illness being claimed for is admissible in event of an Accident) if applicable
HOW CAN I BUY THIS POLICY?
There are various ways in which you can purchase this policy:
Online: On purchase of this plan online your policy will be generated
instantly along with your policy kit and card. This is applicable for cases which
do not require further underwriting or medical check-up.
Telephone: If you wish to know more about Max Bupa’s Health Insurance
Plans, please speak to our specially trained sales team or your local advisor. Call
us on Phone 1800 3010 3333 (Toll Free) between 9 am and 6 pm IST (Monday to Saturday)
and select ‘Click to arrange a call’ to buy the policy over the phone or to fix
up an appointment.
Branch: Please visit our branch in your city. The complete list
of branch locations is available in the Contact Us section of the website
WHAT ARE THE MINIMUM AND MAXIMUM POLICY DURATIONS?
You have the option of buying a health insurance policy for a period of one or two
or three years. You will be able to get discounts on purchase of a policy for two
or three years. At the end of your insurance period you need to renew your policy
if you wish to continue being covered, without a break.
IS THERE ANY TAX BENEFIT THAT ONE CAN AVAIL OF WHILE PURCHASING HEALTH INSURANCE?
Yes. You can avail a tax benefit available under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act
1961 by buying a health insurance policy. Section 80D benefit is over and above
rebate under Section 80C. Tax benefits are subject to changes in the tax laws; please
consult your tax advisor for more details.
IS A MEDICAL CHECKUP NECESSARY BEFORE BUYING A POLICY?
A medical check-up may be necessary when you sign up for a new health insurance
policy. However, medical checkups are not usually needed for renewal of policies.
It is in your best interests to undergo a medical check-up at the time of enrolment
so that when you need us, we‘re there to provide speedy and efficient support and
faster settlement of claims.
MY WIFE IS RESIDING IN ANOTHER CITY. CAN I COVER BOTH OF US IN ONE POLICY?
Yes, you can cover yourself and your spouse residing in India under one policy.
UAN no.: MB/BR/2014-2015/303
Product UIN: IRDAI/HLT /MBHI/P-H/V.II/175/2016-17
Product Launch date: 19/09/2016
Calculate your Premium
What We Also Recommend... You Might Also Like to See
Your family always comes first. And keeping this in mind, we've designed a one-of-its-kind
health insurance plan which caters to the needs of the large
Family allowing coverage for every family member.
- International Cashless Coverage
- 2 year Policy Tenure Option